Skip to main content
  • Find us
  •  Beirut, Lebanon
  • Call us today
  • (961) 765 927 30

Natural Gas is a Good Choice, But Be Mindful of Safety Tips

Natural Gas is a Good Choice, But Be Mindful of Safety Tips
10
Dec

Natural Gas is a Good Choice, But Be Mindful of Safety Tips

Using natural gas as your energy source for providing heat for your home and to supply energy for any heat generating appliance, such as stoves, water heaters and clothes dryers, is the best choice for several reasons. A family can use lots of hot water for showers and laundry. It has been estimated that gas water heaters can heat twice as much hot water per dollar as an electric one, and gas water heaters heat the water much faster. In addition, other gas appliances are much more efficient to run
Not only does using gas in the home reduce the cost of energy for the family, it is also friendly to the environment
gas. Here are 5 tips suggested by Plusgas in Brisbane for staying gas safe in your home.
1.Carbon monoxide is a gas that has no odor. It is produced by incomplete combustion of fuels. When carbon monoxide is inhaled, it cuts off oxygen to the body and can be deadly. Appliances that are not adjusted and vented properly can result in carbon monoxide being present in the house. To minimize this possibility, have a licensed inspector check your appliances and furnace regularly. Monitors can be purchased to add extra safety measures.
2.It is dangerous to try to heat your house by using your oven. It will do damage to your oven, and more importantly carbon monoxide will get into the air throughout your house. 
3.Have the vents and flues of your gas water heaters, furnaces and fireplace inspected on a regular basis. It’s very important that these have proper ventilation.
4.Be aware of the rotten egg smell that is added to natural gas so that any leak can be detected. The natural gas from gas line leaks can get inside the house. It is rare, but does happen. The gas can make people very sick and can result in an explosion. 
5.If you smell the odor of gas in your home, get out of the house immediately and call your utility company from a neighbor’s phone. If anyone in the house is exhibiting the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning, get them out into fresh air and call 911. Common symptoms are nausea, dizziness, and fatigue.
 

Developed By